Embracing Motherhood Course
Find your identity as a mother
Our Motherhood Course gives new mothers the opportunity to learn more about parenting their new baby in an easy-going, nonjudgmental environment. We will also explore your new identity as a mother and what that means to you. Perhaps most importantly, you will meet a support network of other local new-mom friends.
Time: 2 hours per week over 4 weeks
Suitable for: Mothers of babies from birth to 12 weeks old
Next course starts September 20 from 10am to 12pm at Rebel Birth Education and Resource Haven.
What you will learn:
- Why babies cry and how to help comfort your baby
- How to understand your baby’s communication in the first few months
- Practical skills including swaddling, baby-wearing and basic baby massage
- What normal baby sleep looks like and how to encourage more sleep – for your baby and YOU!
- How to adjust from life before baby to find your value as a mother
- The importance of looking after yourself and how to make it happen
- How to communicate and involve your partner in raising your baby